Thursday, November 16, 2006

Making Yarn Obey Me

A good lace pattern can be truly magical... as long as you stay in control of those tricksy yarn overs! I was going to live with the mistake in the second repeat of the pattern, but then I saw a picture of this same sweater on another knitting blog (error-free) and knew I had to correct it. The pattern is one of the free ones from Interweave Knits, and it really knits up fast - as long as you don't make or miss those doggone yarn overs. I think I'm going to keep this one, in a fit of irrational optimism. The yarn is a cotton-silk blend but more cotton and less silk than the yarn I used for Anita's tank top.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Thanks for posting a comment on my blog. So, you're at Cornell and you're knitting the pea pod? That is funny! Do you ever go to Knitting Etc in Triphammer mall? I love those guys. In fact, I'm coming to Ithaca for Thanksgiving and will be stopping there often.

Happy Knitting!