Monday, May 03, 2010

To party or not to party?

I've simply been too tired to post anything here. I realized today though that Valerie's birthday is a week from Saturday and I need to make a decision about what to do to celebrate - we'll have a family celebration later in the month but I'd still like to mark the day of in some way. Last month we attended her first child's birthday party which she quite frankly did not enjoy very much (my little introvert!) so I'm inclined not to go that route. But cake and balloons at home with a few friends would be nice... she'd like that.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds perfect to me.

tara said...

i think parties for kids under the age of 4, maybe 3, are really for the parents to feel superior about their parenting skills not really the kids. tracey said that bonnie from church never gave her kids parties & they've all turned out well... so, I say go with what makes sense for you!