Thursday, October 21, 2010

One Month

It's been a whole month since we said goodbye to Harrisonburg and hello to Tirana. It still feels like we just got here!

Things I miss, in no particular order:
  • knowing where to buy the things I need/want, knowing how to get there, and knowing whether the price is reasonable or not.
  • being able to understand what people are saying
  • RECYCLING
  • Valerie and Gabriel's grandparents (all 4 of you!)
  • Mr. J's
  • dinners with WSK and his parents
  • my yarn
  • all my books!!!
Things I really like about Tirana:
  • seeing the sun set over the river
  • the view from our apartment (seriously, if you could see what I'm seeing right now...)
  • the kindness of strangers who help us navigate the stroller up and down stairs
  • the language - even though I don't understand it yet, I'm learning, and it's really really fun.
  • Shpresa
  • Valerie sleeping through the night and taking regular, consistent naps
  • beginning to lose the baby weight with all the walking around carrying G.
More later - I think G is waking up - got to run!

2 comments:

tara said...

we miss you too. wow, those stairs are steep.

tara said...

we miss you too. wow, those stairs are steep.