Saturday, September 03, 2011

PT

So this week has been devoted to potty training. FINALLY, after three previous attempts spaced out over the past eight months (I think?), we had some success. We've been using a timer for reminders to sit on the potty, and celebrating successes with balloons, ice cream, and fun toys like stickers and blowing bubbles. V refuses to wear underpants so it's mostly "au naturel" at home, and pull-ups when we go out. The pull-ups clearly feel exactly like diapers to her so I'm not sure how useful they are as a transitional item.

Anyway. My goals are modest: to be using regular underpants and mostly accident-free by Christmas.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I don't think you'll have any trouble reaching your goal. The timer worked really well for us and worked as a good intermediary in that I didn't have to constantly argue about whether or not it was time to try to potty.