Monday, May 14, 2012

Weekend aftermath

We had a crazy weekend. Saturday we had a birthday party for Valerie (photos forthcoming), with a few little friends from church over. She and Gabriel had SO. MUCH. FUN. We played Pin the Tail on the Donkey, and ate way too much (dried fruit mix, popcorn, carrot sticks, pizza, cake, ice cream, juice boxes). The game was pretty funny because every single kid nailed it - I think they were peeking! Then Valerie went back and moved the tails so they were all over the place and it looked more like the game she'd seen on a video somewhere. 

Sunday we paid the proverbial piper for the dance. Everybody was SO GRUMPY! Tired, and hung over from the excess of sugar. But we went to church, and then after naps in the afternoon we took the kids to "orange couch park" and had supper at a restaurant there, then let the kids out to run around on the grass. Valerie played "soccer" with a little boy her size and Gabriel practiced jumping off the curb onto the sidewalk. It was really nice. 

I also got this done over the weekend:

Now Valerie is asking me to cut her hair "short, like Gabriel's"! I went so far as to get out the scissors and then I just couldn't do it. I was about to cry! (So yes, I'm making it all about ME... oops.) If she keeps asking though I guess I'll do it. It's starting to get summery-hot out.

Today is a rainy Monday though so it feels nice to get a cool breeze. 

No comments: