Monday, February 11, 2013

Lluvia, Shiu, Rain

I spoke to soon - as soon as I remarked on the sunny weather we've been having, the rains began. It's been raining almost every afternoon and one day I had no idea what to wear because all my shoes were wet from walking home in the rain for three days in a row. I need to get some rain boots!

The kids have been settling in to school. One of the teachers told us they seem to be understanding more and more Spanish. Gabriel says he likes "the music place" and Valerie loves the jungle gym. I'm looking forward to being able to sit down with the teachers at some point and hear more.

Today and tomorrow I'm in Cali to talk over budgets and MOUs and worker evaluations with one of our partner organizations here. It's not as boring as it sounds :-). The part of this job I've enjoyed the most has been supporting personnel, even working through some really difficult situations - for some reason it energizes me. I feel like this context, this work, this organization brings out the best in me and makes me a better person, and that's been incredibly encouraging.


No comments: