Sunday, April 15, 2018

Time to Revive the Blog

It's Spring in Tirana - what better time to revive the blog? 

Everywhere there is new life blooming. 

Flowering trees counteract the odiferous canal



It's a thrill to watch the grapevines that twine up the stair railings to our balcony leaf out after a vigorous pruning.




The day after spring break, we arrived at school to see this exuberance of wisteria greeting us:


And we have found this balmy mound of earth covered in daisies, about halfway home - a respite to sit and read and eat snacks en route. 


It was a busy and often difficult winter and early spring; the week before break the kids and I were all sick just as I faced down a deadline for a consultancy I did. I am hoping here to catch up a bit on the highlights - Christmas, Jantzi grandparents visit, my trip to southern Africa, and so much Lego action. Next month we will celebrate Val's 10th birthday, I'll go to my cousin's wedding in Japan, and my parents will visit to celebrate my dad's 75th birthday! Terry and I are hoping to get out of the city on weekends with the kids to see and enjoy more of the country while we can. Meanwhile, I leave you with this photo of the kids, from when it was still cold out: 


Two minutes later: 

Just kidding, it's posed :-)

No comments: