Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Consolation

For all the EEP fans out there who have been lurking sadly on this un-updated site for days, at long last a new post!

I am happy to report that I have recovered fully from the non-sinus infection (that elicited these most heartening words from the nurse at Gannett: "That nose thing is weird, I've never seen anything like it") and feel back to normal. The down side is that during the week I was sick I managed to do very, very little work. I think all I did was sleep, go to class, and drink hot tea. It worked, I got better, but I am definitely feeling like I have enough reading and writing to occupy pretty much every waking moment for the foreseeable future. But that's what I signed up for, right? And it turns out that everything I've had to read so far this semester has actually been really really interesting, like the book I just slammed through on teacher education in Bolivia!

So, you see, that's why my knitting bag is pictured above with two unfinished projects languishing disconsolately on the needles. Until I have a chance to get back to them, I will console myself with this picture of Christmas socks, all in a row:

1 comment:

tara said...

glad to hear that you are feeling better-
love the new blue sock yarn!