Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Here I am!






Boy it's been a long vacation from the blog! But I'm back in a highly networked context again with a few pics from the trip(s). After 10 days in Peru with the family (pictures possibly forthcoming) I spent 2 days in Dallas, TX with college roomies Christy and Jane. One of the highlights of that trip was the Dallas World Aquarium, which is more like an indoor rainforest complete with penguins, flamingos, a jaguar, and manatees! It was truly breathtaking and awesome.

In knitting news, I'm making myself a pair of socks from bits of yarn left over from 5 different sock projects... should be interesting! I also have been felting swatches for a pair of slippers - this yarn was one of my fave Christmas presents (from Terry - good job, T!). Temperatures have finally dipped enough that I'm also looking at the Knitty pattern for convertible mittens/fingerless gloves (extra spicy - mmm!)

Two weeks til classes start again - can't wait!!!

P.S. One little Solana story - you'll have to indulge me - evidently she's been talking into a fold-up hairbrush as though it's a cell phone, and this is what she says: "Hi Uncle Terry, whatcha doing? Taking a nap? OK, bye bye!" Too cute!

1 comment:

tara said...

lowly worm!
too cute!
I miss you already- I saw terry yesterday and screamed "is eep ok???" oh, yea, hi terry...
:)
oops