Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Hiccups!

Last night when I was settling down for bed, I realized the baby had hiccups!

I'd read about this, but this was the first time I felt it:
"Besides the kicks and shiftings you love to feel (though not necessarily at 3 a.m.), you may notice fetal hiccups early in the third trimester – short, spasmodic blips in your lower abdomen. Hiccups are usually short-lived, so by the time you've hollered for your mate to "come feel this" and he finally gets there, they will probably have stopped. Hiccups often occur around the same time each day, so you may be able to catch another performance soon. These sudden new twitches may take you by surprise, but they don't bother baby, and most mothers just think they feel funny. "

2 comments:

Caro said...

The hiccups are so funny. I keep feeling them in the morning.

Rachel said...

That's a precious feeling!