Sunday, June 01, 2008

little by little

Every day I'm able to do a little more. Yesterday I even cleaned the bathroom... of course, it took me like 3 hours because of all the self-interruptions!
I can almost watch Valerie growing before my eyes - like the Incredible Hulk, only not green. And much prettier! Her cord stump fell off yesterday so she can now start looking forward to her first bath!
She's also spending more time in "quiet alert" mode - unfortunately at very odd hours sometimes. But it is delicious.
So I realized that this is purportedly a knitting blog, but I never posted a picture of the one thing I knitted for her that she wears every day, this little hat:
The funny thing is that I didn't know at the time whether or not it was for her - I was working with pink yarn, and had a bunch left over, and then my sister found this pattern and so for lack of anything better to do while on bedrest (oh yeah - except grade papers) I made this hat. I thought that if we had a boy I could donate it to the hospital or something. Anyway, it fits her just perfectly.

2 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

Hooray. Saw that hat in my knitting store, she looks wonderful in it, just like a little flower!

Rachel said...

Awww.

It is almost like you knew she was going to be a girl.