Wednesday, May 28, 2008

6 lbs. 1 oz!!!

We took Valerie in for her 2-week pediatric appointment today, and she has gained 11 oz. in the past week!! I am thrilled - I thought she looked bigger, but never thought it would be by that much! Two nights ago she hit a new level of HUNGRY - nursing at 10 p.m., 11, 12, and 1 a.m. and then again at 3 a.m. Then she let us sleep until 7.

Leave it to the Phantzis, though, to find a way to have a newborn and still stay in bed until noon... we have these great dark curtains that my sister put up for us, so after breakfast at around 7 Valerie and I just go back to bed...
(I know this picture is sideways)

5 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

yeah Valerie!

Glad she is gaining. And glad you are getting sleep.

AK said...

Cool photo, it almost looks like she's smiling! For that matter it almost looks like Terry is smiling too.

Do that sleeping till noon thing as long as you can!

tara said...

awesome! way to gain ozs!

Rachel said...

Great growth. She is adorable!

Sorry about the night waking, but it will even out. I'm glad you can stay in bed until noon anyway though.

Anonymous said...

Now we know where she got her forehead. -Anita