Thursday, October 16, 2008

5 months

So baby Val-Val celebrated turning 5 months by NOT SLEEPING. Well, she DID sleep - all day on the 15th. I should have known better than to let her sleep past 8 p.m., but I was finally able to get some WORK done, so when she stirred at 8 I nursed her and she fell back to sleep, and I let her keep sleeping... until 9. Not a good idea.

At 11:30, she fell asleep nursing in my arms. When I tried to put her down, she woke up. WIDE awake.

At 12:30, I said ok that's it - time for the "Happiest Baby" CD (loud industrial noises that miraculously put babies to sleep). At 1:02 she was asleep; I put her down and she WOKE UP AGAIN.

By 2 a.m., I was sobbing. By 2:30, she was asleep again. FINALLY.

At 3:30, she woke up crying. I brought her into bed with me and we both fell asleep for...THREE... blessed hours.

At 6:30, she woke me up to nurse again. I re-set the alarm from 7:20 to 7:50.

When I picked her up to take her with me to class at 8:20, she woke up again.

Two short naps this morning.

Sometime between 1 and 2 we both conked out and slept for 2 hours. I finally feel (sort of) human again.

I wish I knew what to do to help her sleep at night better. One thing is for sure: no napping past 8 p.m.

No comments: