Monday, May 22, 2006

Back in the 'Burg


15 hours on the road, rolled into our driveway at 2:38 a.m. I offer you the Ringed Fang Sock in its natural habitat - looks hungry!

I had every intention of deliberately mismatching the mate so the stripes would be in different places. But I ended up just casting on at the point where the first sock ended and lo and behold, they are going to turn out i-den-ti-cal -- although the mate has one row fewer of the turquoise blue on the cuff before the darker blue stripe begins. (The sock in the picture is the first one.)

The faux cables are little twists - k2tog, leave on left needle, then knit into the first stitch, slip off. Normally I knit "continental" style but for the twists I have to wrap the yarn around "American" style and hold it taut with my right hand or I can't seem to make the new stitch.

No comments: