Monday, June 26, 2006

Sock Heaven

Today I'm off to Indianapolis for our National Conference, Sock in hand! I have nearly finished the World Cup Soccer Socks, thanks to a nice long 4-hour drive to Abingdon, VA - all but the toe grafting on the second sock. I ran out of yarn while in Abingdon (gasp - the horror!) but had a few little bits left at home, just enough to finish 'er off. Meanwhile, the next pair was happily cast on and begun. I used a short-row heel which looks very pointy here, but I was bored with the other kind. (This is the sock visiting me in my office prior to trip).

Before leaving for Abingdon, I picked lavender:

And checked on Aaron's tree (This was our Christmas tree in 2004), which we planted outside in the Spring): Tree was not doing so well last year but this Spring put out a lot of lovely new growth and is thriving! It needed a full turn of seasons to adjust to being outdoors I guess.

Abingdon, by the way, was a lot of fun - accents and humidity thick as Southern honey. We picked raspberries along the Creeper Trail, caught fireflies at dusk, watched World Cup Soccer (of course), ate well, and played hard. I also took a 2.5-hour nap... nothing like a nap to feel like it's the weekend!

No comments: