Saturday, August 04, 2007

GRRRR!!!!! Arg!!! *Sob*

SOMEONE STOLE MY YARN!!!!!

A couple days ago, I went looking for some of the yarn I brought with me, multicolored green-blue-yellow bamboo yarn that I bought originally to make a tank top for Anita. I ended up using a cotton-silk blend instead because it was softer, and set aside the bamboo yarn (yes, it really is made out of bamboo!) for something else. Then Interweave Knits came out with a beautiful pattern using this very yarn and I was quite excited. I had exactly enough to make it, too.

Well, I packed it in the outside pocket of one of the suitcases we brought, since I didn't plan to work on it en route. When I got here I started right in on a sock and didn't feel up to tackling a tank top right away. But then I thought maybe I'd at least swatch the lace pattern, but couldn't find the yarn.

We searched high and low but no go. It's really gone. I'm so mad, especially because I had a pair of circular needles in there that are part of a set that is composed of plastic thingies with screws on the ends that you attach different sized short needles onto, and now my set will be missing that size of ends, plus TWO plastic thingies. The main reason I put it in checked luggage anyway was because I didn't want to risk the TSA taking my knitting needles away!!!!!

I'll get over it. It was just very annoying. I know other people lost a lot more than yarn and knitting needles in this summer's tornado season.

3 comments:

tara said...

no way that is a travesty of the highest order... that yarn is not cheap...
and while sure maybe you could irritate someone's eye ( i doubt you could poke it out) with those plastic needles... there is absolutely no reason to confiscate bamboo yarn!
does this mean that you get to purchase large quantities of yarn to fill this hole in your stash??? I THINK SO

E. Phantzi said...

Yeah, I keep going back and forth on it - do I feel more like a victim or more like an idiot? Idiots don't deserve compensation yarn.

tara said...

victim for sure... always revise history in your favor... particularly when noone else was around to observe it ;)