Saturday, July 19, 2008

and now, some knit pics

I originally knit this sweater to sell as part of the "Solana Sweaters" campaign, but this one never sold. It was my first top-down raglan. I LOVE that it basically knits all in one piece, with no seams to sew! I think the only sewing was to put on the buttons.

It was my own design, although the lace pattern is from this book of folk shawls, this one was supposed to be Japanese I think. The yarn was "found yarn" from a yard sale.
I love it on Valerie, I don't think I can part with it now!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love it!

Having only seen knitting done by my grandmother, using Wal-mart scratchy yarn, I have never really been interested in picking it up. Now that I have seen yours and Tara's blog, I am tempted to learn how.

Anonymous said...

She looks SO cute in the close-up. Cutest picture I've seen of her so far. I can't get enough of it! (The knitted top is cute too.)