Monday, March 15, 2010

22

Valerie is 22 months old today!
(And little brother is 22 weeks!)
I give you, her hat tricks.












At some point this past month Valerie decided that she HAD to have a hat on her head at all times, 24/7. Fortunately I have a lot of knitted hats lying around - some I made for myself - and she doesn't seem to particularly care which one she wears as long as there is something on her head. She learned how to put them on by herself and it's just very cute to see her doing so.

The down side is that when she's very tired and trying to go to sleep, she can't seem to get the hat adjusted to her liking, and it goes something like this: Lie down. Hat gets crooked. Sit up, take hat off, put hat on, lie down. Hat gets crooked. Sit up, take hat off, put hat on, lie down. Saturday night she did this for AN HOUR AND A HALF. Finally we took all the hats away. She cried and cried like her heart was breaking, desperately signing "hat hat hat hat." At that point I was so tired and frustrated I started to cry too! The minute she heard me, she stopped - lay down, and fell instantly asleep.

I'm not sure if we're going to take the hats away permanently at some point - especially as the weather gets warmer - sometimes she wakes up from her nap with her head all sweaty from the warm wool - we'll see how it goes over the next few days.

3 comments:

BigP's Heather said...

I wish I looked that good in hats!! She is so precious!

Anita said...

cute! i like the hats too. her hair is long!

Anonymous said...

you will have to crochet her a lacy little cotton hat so her head can breathe