Friday, March 23, 2012

Thursday was a holiday, and we were planning for Terry to take Friday off as well so we could go to Berat or Gjirokastra or someplace not too far away that I haven't been yet. I haven't left the city since the end of September! There is much of Albania I haven't seen yet, much less the surrounding area ... I still hope to make it to Greece, Italy, and Croatia before we leave the region.

Anyway, I'd read about Albania's "museum cities" where historic religious buildings were preserved during the communist era but I've only been vaguely near one of them - Gjirokastra (see blurry picture taken from the bus).


Alas, Tuesday night I developed a sore throat that continued all day Wednesday. Thursday I felt worse, so it was a blessing Terry was off that day and could take the kids out while I rested. I don't think I changed out of my pajamas all day! Today I feel a lot better, so maybe we'll still do an overnight away Sat/Sun.

My little couch potatoes. What did parents do before YouTube???
Oh yeah. "When I was your age, television was called books!"
(That line is from one of my favorite all time movies, The Princess Bride)

1 comment:

Anita said...

Hadn't left the city since September... I'm glad you guys could get away. The beach looked spacious and the wooded area looked very tranquil. :) (referring to pics from the next post)