Wednesday, May 04, 2016

ñame - sounds like yummy!



Well, this just made my day!

One of the great things about being back in MCC in Latin America has been seeing our old friends Patrocinio and Crecencia again. They were on our MCC team in Bolivia in the '90s, when Terry and I first met - and so did they - they became a couple about a year or so before we did :-). Now they have two smart and terrific kids, and so do we!

Since we've been living in Colombia, Patro has visited twice to help us out with some agricultural project evaluations. He's a born farmer, and just a super capable person in general. One thing he took back to Bolivia with him was a small piece of ñame, a root vegetable (discorea alata) popular among small-scale farmers here, especially in the coastal areas. He just sent us a picture of his first harvest!

This is a terrible picture but it's the only one I have of myself with the family when I visited Bolivia last September. 

No comments: