Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Knitterly Triumph

I had a moment of knitterly triumph recently; I am working on this tank top for Anita's birthday, and I found a mistake in the pattern. I read through the section for making the inner cups several times, and as near as I could figure, I was going to end up with one side of the cup slanting inward (which matched the picture), and the other side tapering off to a point (not matching the picture). I e-mailed the person who designed and wrote the pattern, who graciously wrote back and said I was right! In fact, she even confirmed the way I re-wrote that section as correct! Another little bright spot in my day was getting a postcard from Ilene F., who runs the WIC program in Brockton, Maine - I had sent 2 knitted baby hats for her breastfeeding campaign. She asked for the pattern for the raspberry hat! Hmm... sorry, not pattern - I'll have to see if I can remember how I did it and write it out for her. Well, if this PhD thing doesn't work out maybe I can make a living writing knitting patterns. :-)

Here's something fun (politics, not knitting - safe to click on, guys!)

2 comments:

AK said...

Thanks for the non knitting related item - it was funnnnny.

tara said...

knitting triumph indeed, i am awed by your knittiness or knittitude or knitasticness?
will post my wips soon-
discussed the communist nature of chemical bonds in class today