Monday, February 26, 2007

Relaxing

So the "fun" class where people climb up on the table and yell at each other has stopped being quite so fun, since we seem to have the same discussion every week (postmodernism vs. marxism vs. modernism) but the bright side is that I finished the second sock (knitting slyly under the seminar table...)

At home, I decided it was a good evening just to relax with the fingerless glove/mitt from Knitty and some soothing music. The yarn is 100% alpaca I bought in Peru; it's somewhere between lace and fingering weight; I double it up and use size 1 or 2 needles, depending on the project.
I think I've got this on 1s.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I kinda felt like I should apologize for bringing it up at all -- because we always end up in the same place whenever someone says something like "but so-and-so doesn't say that!" Oh well. Dear fellow students: I didn't mean to!

E. Phantzi said...

No, I was glad that you did - I think regardless of whether the "authority" validates our contributions, I DO think it is useful for us to hear one another's critiques. I very much appreciate hearing you and Tim's takes on Foucault, for example, and I pretty much ELICITED your comment, didn't I now? I'd just had an emotionally charged day so it wore me out, but I still think it's worth it.

Anonymous said...

i am ever impressed at your rate of sock production! i am still working away on the same pair since january!

met a few knitters this past weekend- one of the high school teachers was working on a scarf and two of the acs folks where knitters with training wheels

we had many yarn conversations that confused the muggles