Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow Day

Boy they weren't kidding about the heavy snow... it's not as bad as places further north and closer to the Great Lakes, but this is awesome!
I walked to class in snow that came in over my boots; buses seemed to be running and undergrads were trudging resolutely to campus like a long line of Emperor penguins.

When I got to class though, nobody was there... the professor dashed in about 10 minutes late with a stack of photocopies; we talked for a little while and then she decided to cancel class.

After getting home I decided to work on shoveling out the driveway so hopefully I can leave for Harrisonburg tomorrow...




After about 45 minutes (great workout but I wonder how my lower back is going to feel tomorrow?) the landlady's kids showed up with their dad to finish the job! I was delighted!

Rumor has it the university is going to close but it still doesn't say so on the website...

No comments: