Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend

We spent this past weekend in DC, meeting with the person at World Vision who contracted us for a research project. It was a satisfyingly productive time, although the trip home was a bit not-fun - Terry left for Haiti early Sunday morning, so I was driving back north alone. Can I just say, I hate PA in February? First there was a delay around Harrisburg, where I lost about 45 minutes crawling through clogged traffic; then there was a 4-mile section of 81 that was shut down just south of Hazleton. I'll grant you that the blowing snow along that section did make visibility a little dicey from time to time - evidently there was an accident that they made us detour around. It took about an hour to get around that. Four miles in one hour. Yikes.

But I'm home safe. It's super-cold and I miss Terry, but it will be a busy couple weeks.

I have to show you how nice the place was where we stayed in DC: the Swann House. This was our room - a round turret room on the second floor. Every detail was so nice! And the breakfast buffet was truly memorable.

Well, back to the grindstone!

1 comment:

tara said...

swanky digs
sorry about PA- that section is aaron's fault not mine.

:)