Monday, April 11, 2011

More Firsts

I'm calling it: Gabriel crawled for real for the first time today! Slowly and painstakingly, but definitely forward movement with a left-right-left rhythm. Also? He's started saying "Mama," and it really seems to be with meaning. Soooooo lovely.

I also forgot to mention in his 9-month post, that he's learning to manipulate his environment. He can shake a rattling toy for the pleasure of hearing the sound, and plays peek-a-boo with the curtain in his room. Also, long gone are the days of easy substitution when I wanted to distract him from something. He's very aware of what toys are around that he can see and knows which ones he wants. He can keep track of what I take away from him and watches where I put it. It's cool to see him learning but sometimes a little inconvenient!

2 comments:

tara said...

wow- crawling already~ you're in trouble now ;)

I can see the difference between the kids' pictures, but boy are they similar!

Rachel said...

Crawling? Now the real fun begins.