Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Say What?

"Let us therefore begin by putting aside all the facts, for they have no bearing on the question."

No, we're not talking about WMDs or the Bush administrations' environmental policies (or the Bush administration in general, for that matter) - it's a charming quote from the book I'm reading for my proseminar class - Rousseau's "Discourse on the Origin of Inequality," as translated by Donald A. Cress.

I spent the afternoon reading in the room pictured here; sheer bliss. At 4:00 stopped in order to meet an old friend, Andy Chignell, for coffee. It was (to my relief) a relaxed meeting of old friends. I can't believe it's been 10 years... Terry did not follow through with his plan to call at 4:10 and growl over the phone :-).

In knitting news, I have a couple WIPs and a few FOs (that's works in progress and finished obejcts) - sorry the photo is such poor quality.

Tonight I plan to watch the second half of "The Two Towers" and knit. Terry is in VA tonight; back tomorrow night.

3 comments:

AK said...

Andy's looking all metro

E. Phantzi said...

As always!

tara said...

sorry to have missed your call the other day- but glad to hear it went well-
will try to call and horn in on terry time soon :)