Sunday, August 27, 2006

Weekend

It's a wet, rainy day in Ithaca; I finished this sock this morning. Brown Sheep Company "Wildfoote" sock yarn in "Symphony." The colors are out of this world, vibrant and perfectly blended, but the texture is not as soft as some others I've used. Perhaps because it contains 25% nylon. On the other hand, it's supposed to be totally mothproof and highly washable.

Yesterday afternoon we had fun hanging out with our good friends Carol and Gordon; you must check out the links to their art galleries - we actually own a couple pieces by each of them. We had lunch in Watkins Glen, then took a side trip to see Gordon's art at Lamoreaux Landing vineyard - he'd sold 2 pieces so we were all thrilled! For dinner Gordon made a wonderful gumbo over greens from their garden (they left the okra out in deference to us non-Cajuns in the group. That would be everyone except Gordon). Taran, your names came up multiple times in the conversation - we'll have to give you a tour of the studio when you come :-)

It was a really relaxing day, which I suppose I felt somewhat entitled to after working hard all week. Terry will be gone 4 days this week so I'll have plenty of time to read when he's not around...

I'm also cooking up some fairly ambitiuos research plans for the summer :-) ... hm, I may be getting ahead of myself...

1 comment:

tara said...

wow check out those colors!
I love it!!!!

so a wouldn't let me go to the rockbridge yarn store and i entered the knitworks (some yarn up to 50% off) sale and left with NADA

i am listless without u!